Featured Post

LIST | Persons who can go out during mandatory COVID community quarantine

On Wednesday, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases revealed a complete list of persons exempted f...

Thursday, December 15, 2016

REVIEW | Skechers Go Run Ride 4 Running Shoes

I recently bought a pair of Skechers running shoes, the Skechers Go Run Ride 4, which was put on sale in a mall somewhere south. I was enthusiastic to try it on, so I did on that same day of purchase. Just to guide some fellow running/jogging friends out there, here is my review of the Skechers Go Run Ride 4 which was released by the footwear company at the end of 2014.


I know this model is a bit outdated, but Skechers shoes are actually rated high by users and experts in RunRepeat (#14, rating of 79) and are up in the rankings with the likes of Skechers GOrun Ultra 2 and Skechers GOrun 4. SoleReview, another ratings website, gives it a 78%.

Here is my review of the Skechers Go Run Ride 4 with great consideration of factors like design, comfort and price.

DESIGN 



I give it an 8/10 as its color palette is really appealing for me. It’s upper body mesh made of synthetic leather somehow disappoints, but the design makes up for it. The midsole made of EVA foam gives comfort to the feet, while its outsole which consists of circular rubber pods allows for an easy sprint. However, the shoes didn’t get the remaining two points since, for me, I feel conscious while jogging. Perhaps it’s the shape that makes it uneasy to jog or run or maybe it’s because I just recently purchased it so I am very cautious when using it.



COMFORT



I can say that I feel comfortable wearing it, so I’m giving it an 8/10. The indicator for me that tells me it’s quite a comfy pair of shoes is the impact on my feet after jogging or running for half an hour. Do my feet hurt? Do my feet perspire inside? On another note, there’s this doubt in mind regarding its durability. I just hope that it would last for at least two (2) years.

PRICE


Since I bought it during a sale, I am giving it an 8/10. Its original price is 4,395 Php, but I bought it at 3,075 Php. That’s a 30-percent off. However, it failed to get two points since it’s sold in Lazada at a much lower price (2,635 Php). The problem here is that the color I want (which is the color my shoes possess) isn’t available in Lazada. Same is true with the remaining stock in Zalora which is worth 2,637 Php; the difference is that it's of the same palette as what I own, but the available stock does not fit.  However, were the same color of shoes I bought in the mall also sold in Lazada or were the same size of Skechers shoes also made available in Zalora, I would have given a higher rating.

OVERALL

In summary, the Skechers Go Run Ride 4 really comes with a great bang for my buck. I got little doubts about its durability; still, its design and price and the reputation Skechers has for running enthusiasts and newbies like me tell that this last available pair of Skechers shoes was worth every peso. My rating of 8/10 is already good for a discounted pair of Skechers shoes and agrees with RunRepeat’s and SoleReview’s ratings.



No comments:

Post a Comment